mlwp.jun.pl Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Previous topic «» Next topic
Sziget Festival 2010
Shimizu 

Posted: 2010-08-01, 18:21   Sziget Festival 2010  

My friend will go on the Sziget Festival and she would like to find out what is the public transportation between Óbudai and the center.
I know that exist Sziget Festival official website and FAQ but if she wants to explore the city meanwhile (eat something traditional, do some pictures, buy souvenirs), what should be see near the island? How to get there? Maybe some tips?

REKLAMA 

Posted: 2010-08-01, 19:25     

Lanti 

Posted: 2010-08-01, 19:25     

Please write me, where is he exactly arriving?

For example:
Budapest-Nyugati Train Station
Budapest-Keleti Train Station
Népliget Center Bus Station?

Edit:
She knows where she get to the arriving point to the island, or you just ask the locations of the "(eat something traditional, do some pictures, buy souvenirs)" places?

Shimizu 

Posted: 2010-08-03, 12:43     

This is probably a group trip (bus) directly to Óbudai (Or somewhere nearby).
On this map is marked entry. How to get from this place by bus/metro/tram to the center? So that she could see the hmmm... Parliament Building? Buda Castle? Gellért Hill? She didn't mention anything specific, just wants to see the places which are worth seeing but not stray from the center and the island.
I think it would be best if she will not be stray from the Danube, it's a good reference point.

Lanti 

Posted: 2010-08-03, 14:50     

I made a Google Map:
LINK
Please click on every blue icon, becouse I write additional information for some icon!

I think the most simple solution is travelling only by "HÉV". (The HÉV is a local train inside Budapest city!) It's not the best (becouse the final terminal is quite far from the farest Gellért-Hill), but I think it's dramatically easiest then travelling by many many buses, trams and trollies.

You sad your friend's bus is arriving for the Óbudai Island. The "HÉV" train stop is opposite of the island's entrance.

As you can see on the map, the HÉV's final terminal is opposite of the Parliament. The "Halászbástya" is very near for this terminal. The castle is not too far, too. But only the Gellér-Hill is little far.

In this site, you can view the HÉV's schedule:
LINK
You view the "Szentendrei HÉV" part!

In this section, you view this PDFs:
Batthyány tér M - Szentendre
TANÍTÁSI SZÜNETBEN HÉTKÖZNAP
-> When the train is travel from the "Halászbástya" to the "Sziget Festival". And in the school holidays period (the school period is starting on September 1.).

Szentendre - Batthyány tér M
TANÍTÁSI SZÜNETBEN HÉTKÖZNAP
-> When the train is travel from the "Sziget Festival" to the "Halászbástya". And in the school holidays period (the school period is starting on September 1.).

Batthyány tér M - Szentendre
HÉTVÉGE
-> When the train is travel from the "Halászbástya" to the "Sziget Festival". And in Saturday and Sunday!

Szentendre - Batthyány tér M
HÉTVÉGE
-> When the train is travel from the "Sziget Festival" to the "Halászbástya". And in Saturday and Sunday!

When your friend is get on the HÉV in the Island's entrance. Her HÉV stop's name is:
FILATORIGÁT

If she get on the second stop. Her HÉV stop's name is:
ÁRPÁD HÍD

When your friend is arriving the HÉV's final terminel. Her HÉV terminal's name is:
BATTHYÁNY TÉR

Ticket office:
As you can see in this page, the nearest ticket office in the "Árpád Híd" HÉV stop in the III. district. Here, She can buy with credit card! Your friend have to cheat one stop, or she have to walk. ;)

Ticket machines:
LINK -> This machines only work with coins.

Nearest ticket machines:
Bogdáni út -> Absolutely I don't know, where is EXACTLY the machine near this road!

Árpád híd -> Where is the SECOND HÉV stop.

There are many civilian shops where she can buy tickets, but I absolutely don't know, where are these shops!
LINK

I hope I can help!

Shimizu 

Posted: 2010-08-04, 10:57     

You definitely helped!
Thank you very very very much :)

Reply to topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum