mlwp.jun.pl Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Previous topic «» Next topic
Moved by: Maniek
2010-09-08, 17:52
Lesser Poland Voivodeship
¦wiat 

Posted: 2010-09-04, 15:07   Lesser Poland Voivodeship  

Hi!

I'd like to visit Kraków at the end of october for one day and I'm interested what is worth seeing during 7-8 hours. I can check information on th net or I can buy guidebook, but maybe who has ever visited or lives there has different opinion. My other question would be, that how long does take a guided tour in the Wieliczka saltmine because I'd like to visit that too.

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Veto on 2011-01-29, 13:42; edited 1 time in total  

REKLAMA 

Posted: 2010-09-04, 21:04     

Last edited by Veto on 2011-01-29, 13:42; edited 1 time in total  

Szakali 
Administrator

Posted: 2010-09-04, 21:04     

The absolute must see:
- Stary Rynek (kind of Old Town)
- Wawel (Royal Castle)
- in Sukiennice there is a museum with great paintings (especially huge arts of Matejko kinda like works of Jacques-Louis David in Luwr but I think our guy is much better)
- front of St. Peter and St. Paul church

Most of interesting places in Cracow is settled in the centre.

¦wiat 

Posted: 2010-09-05, 18:21     

Thank you!

Szakali 
Administrator

Posted: 2010-09-05, 21:50     

You are welcome. Don't hesitate to ask another questions. Info about Wieliczka:
http://www.kopalnia.pl/in...guage_change=1&

¦wiat 

Posted: 2010-09-06, 15:55     

Thanks! I've already found this site, but didn't find info how long does it take to visit. It's important me because I'll stay some km away from Kraków and I'm planning to spend there just a day. And I'd like to be as long in Kraków as I can before the closing hours of saltmine.

sedziwoj 
Sędzi wój

Posted: 2010-09-19, 02:06     

damn it...it's so hard to say what you should visit as we have plenty of that kind of stuff worth of see in Kraków

of course Wawel Castle(don't forget visit http://www.katedra-wawelska.pl/english
one of the most important place for Poles,if you will have a time there's nice museum's as well as "hidespot" of Dragon under Wawel) :-P

all Old Town(Sukiennice,St. Mary's Basilica-don't miss "hejnał",old towers and walls around of Old Town,Barbican,not sure if you will have a time to see museum's but i can recommend museum Czartoryskich,Grand Square,Small Square,all old buidlings...)

also you can go to Kazmierz(old jewish buildings)....7-8 is really a little to feel Kraków :-P

can't remember exaclty mate but visiting of Salt Mine will eat you at least 3-4 hours...

¦wiat 

Posted: 2010-09-19, 07:50     

Thank you!

3-4 hours? Pfff. I thought it can't be longer than 1-1,5 hour. May I should spend in Kraków 2 days.
Yes, I thought too that hard to say what is worth visiting. I have guidebook and I could see that what it recommends impossible to see during one day or even a few days.
I think if I like the city I'll visit it for more days next time.

sedziwoj 
Sędzi wój

Posted: 2010-09-19, 21:41     

¦wiat wrote:
Thank you!

3-4 hours? Pfff. I thought it can't be longer than 1-1,5 hour. May I should spend in Kraków 2 days.
Yes, I thought too that hard to say what is worth visiting. I have guidebook and I could see that what it recommends impossible to see during one day or even a few days.
I think if I like the city I'll visit it for more days next time.

of course mate...you should :-P

Old Town and Wawel Castle should be enough as on first time-you can rent golf vehicle's(or special bus i saw it some time ago) too if you don't want just walk(they can get you to Kazimerz too but imho better is see it all footly...

it's longer than 1-1,5 that's what i know for 100 percent...but worth of visiting :-)

Reply to topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Add this topic to your bookmarks
Printable version

Jump to:  
Quick Reply
Username: 

Expire Days