Age: 29 Joined: 22 Feb 2010 Posts: 860 Location: Jakabszállás
Posted: 2010-08-03, 19:17
We have many many many "babona".
- If the salt is effused, quarreling happen in the future.
- If the present flower's packer paper have needle after when she get off the flower from the paper, the relationship is end soon.
- When you met with a chimney-sweep, you have lucky!
These 3 is translated by Me. But I use it google from now:
- A black cat crossing your path is bad luck. A black dog means you will have a conflict with someone
- Breaking a mirror or spilling the salt is bad luck
- Number 13 and Friday is associated with bad luck
- If you put down your left foot first when getting out of bed, or if you put on your left shoe first, you will have bad luck
- If your left ear rings, you will hear good news; if your right ear rings, you will hear bad news
- If your left palm itches, you will get money; if the right one itches, you will spend money
- If your left eye itches, you will laugh; if the right one itches, you will cry
- If your nose itches, you will be angry; if your mouth itches, someone will kiss you
- If you put on your clothes inside out or back-to-front (unintentionally), you will have good luck
- Spiders in your house bring good luck, and are generally not harmed. One who harms a spider will have bad luck
- Horseshoes, four-leaf clovers, chimney sweepers represent good luck
- If someone wishes you 'good luck' or 'success', you must not thank it, because the wish will not have an effect
- On New Year's Day, if the first person you talk with is a man, you will have good luck in the new year; if it is a woman, you will have bad luck
- The weather on each day between 13-24 December (12 days) will forecast the weather for each month in the next year
- If you hear good news or escape trouble, you must knock on a piece of wood
- If the door opens from itself, or if you bump your elbow into something, you will have guests
- If you hiccup, someone is talking about you behind your back
- If you see a shooting star, think of something, and it will come true
- If a picture, clock, mirror etc falls from the wall, a family member will die. Dreaming with animals also represent death
• Seeing a wedding procession -> lucky in love
• Broken mirror -> 7 years’ bad luck
• Walking under a ladder -> bad luck
• Meeting a chimney sweeper -> your wish will come true
• Turning back from the front door -> leaving your good luck at home
• Putting on your clothes inside out -> good luck
• Thanking a medicine -> no effect
• Spilling salt -> quarrel
• Get hiccups -> somebody is thinking of you
• To find a four-leaf clover = to find good luck
• To find a horseshoe = to find good luck
• In a noisy society everyone stops speaking at once -> an angel has flown across the room
• Good spirits live in trees à knocking on wood -> calling upon spirits for protection against misfortune
• Killing spiders has been unlucky since a spider spun a web over baby Jesus to hide him from Herod
• If a black cat:
-walks towards you -> brings good fortune
-walks away -> it takes the good luck
-crosses your path -> bad luck
• To make a happy marriage the bride must wear:
-something old, sg. new, sg. borrowed, sg. blue
• It is bad luck if it rains on your wedding day -> clouds symbolize trouble
• After the wedding ceremony the bride throws her bouquet back over her shoulder where the unmarried female guests group together. The one who catches the bouquet will be the next one of those present to marry.
• When the young couple comes out from the registry office the wedding guests sprinkle rice on them. Rice symbolizes fertility.
• Crossing the threshold
The young husband carries the bride over the threshold when they enter for the first time. That’s how they can cheat the ghosts who are hiding under the threshold.
• Abduction of the bride
If someone manages to abduct the bride during the reception the bridegroom doesn’t deserve to marry her.
• Don’t sit at the corner of a table, you won’t get married.
• Giving an even number of flowers to a woman is simply rude -> the number of the flowers should always be odd
• If a finger or toe nails of an infant are cut previous to the age of 12 months, it will prove a thief in mature age.
• A baby’s foot mustn’t be kissed because it’ll be difficult for him to learn to walk
• If someone visits the baby, but doesn’t sit down, he will take away the dreams of the baby.
• If you blow out all of the candles on your birthday cake with the first breath you will get whatever you wish for.