mlwp.jun.pl Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Previous topic «» Next topic
Attitude towards "Hungaries" after 1526
Szakali 
Administrator

Posted: 2010-09-27, 03:46   Attitude towards "Hungaries" after 1526

I am very interested about your attitude towards situation after the battle of Mohacs.

As we know, there were 3 parts. Controlled by Austria (Habsburgs), the Principality of Transylvania and part corporated by Turks. I' m interested about the first two.

Do you like one more? If so, why? I know Eger was in Austria part (right?) and defense of this city is like our Częstochowa but on other way you appreciated tolerance in Transylvania.

REKLAMA 

Posted: 2010-09-27, 17:48   Re: Attitude towards "Hungaries" after 1526

Lanti 

Posted: 2010-09-27, 17:48   Re: Attitude towards "Hungaries" after 1526

Szakali wrote:
I am very interested about your attitude towards situation after the battle of Mohacs.

As we know, there were 3 parts. Controlled by Austria (Habsburgs), the Principality of Transylvania and part corporated by Turks. I' m interested about the first two.

Do you like one more? If so, why? I know Eger was in Austria part (right?) and defense of this city is like our Częstochowa but on other way you appreciated tolerance in Transylvania.

What you write is correct, but I'm not good in history. ;)

Szakali 
Administrator

Posted: 2010-09-27, 18:32   

K but I'm asking if you like one part more than other etc. and why?

Lanti 

Posted: 2010-09-27, 20:50   

Szakali wrote:
K but I'm asking if you like one part more than other etc. and why?

Well, I like every part of Hungary. :)

Hmmm, I don't know. I very like the Habsburg, Ottoman, and Szekler parts of the past Hungary, becouse this parts governed by many sides, but this lands are Hungary. :)

Szakali 
Administrator

Posted: 2010-11-04, 18:58   

Maybe other Hungarian can post his opinion ? :-)

gabi 

Posted: 2011-01-25, 15:02   

I should refresh my knowledge... but I can tell you some details now.

The Transylvanian part was the richest and the freest one in those 150 years when Hungary had been divided. Still, the monarchs of Erdély (fejedelem) had to fight continously with Turks. This period is called the Golden age of Transylvania (Erdély aranykora).

The turks-occupied part unfortunately wasn't that lucky. This part became almost totally uninhabited by 1686 (this is the year when Buda castle had been recaptured by Hungarians). People who lived in this part a lot of tax and other contributions had to paid to Turks too. And it was very often that children were taken by Turks to Turkey to raise them to soldier (Janicsár). It is said that they were the bravest since they had to prove their loyalty towards Turkey by fighting against their own people. The main problem was that we had to ask help to exorcise Turks from Hungary so we needed the help of Hasburgs.

That's why after 1686 Austrians ruled the whole re-united Hungary. In 1703 we tried to gain our freedom back by the leadership of II. Rákóczi Ferenc (the freedom war lasted from 1703-1711). But sadly it failed and Hungary had to accept the Hasburgs as a ruling authority. This lasted until 1918.

If you are interested in more Hungarian history lessons just let me know ;-)

lesiu_adi 

Posted: 2011-01-25, 17:04   

gabi wrote:

If you are interested in more Hungarian history lessons just let me know ;-)

I'm :)

I have one question : How Erdély was etnic romania ? After Trianon Hungarians was 30 % Romania 50 % And how was earlier ?
I don't belive about Dacian history so i know about walach colonization

http://en.wikipedia.org/w...ques-Vlachs.jpg

Look this map red is other than blue But all red is not romania

http://commons.wikimedia....A9rk%C3%A9p.JPG

Today Poland [Poland akcja wisła ]and slovakia dont live romanians but rutenians [Not ukrainians] They have similar culture as romanias from moldavia [look moldavian church and rutenian church ;) ]

gabi 

Posted: 2011-01-25, 18:25   

Cze¶ć!

I don't know exact datas but I know more than 3 million Hungarian lived in Erdély after 1920, and still live!
The main reason of a lot of other nations lived in Hungary was (as I've written before) depopulation > Thanks Turks! From the beginning of 1700 slovaks, germans, and romanians (and others) moved to uninhabited regions. And later on their number grew up more and more...

Hungary’s biggest fault for centuries was that ignored minorities’ rights, no wonder they hated „bossing” Hungarians so much. And then Trianon Treaty was concluded. I agree that every nation has a right of autonomy, but the way the new borders were drawn in 1920…well that was the most disgusting act of victorious states. Why they couldn’t do it in according to ethnic borders???

Teleki Pál was right, (he was a geography professor before became politician) he made a study and an ethnical map of Hungary in 1910, trying to prove the westerners if they make such decision it’s gonna be a huge mistake. It wasn’t gonna bring peace to Carpathian-basin but makes an air of disquiet and struggle forever. And we have been grateful for III. Reich when we got back territories where Hungarian inhabitants were in the majority in 1938 and 1940. (they are called Wienna awards). So we hate and like Nazi Germany at the same time…schizophrenic feeling.

Here is the map:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w...carte_rouge.jpg

Daco-Roman theory? No way! It's a joke.
Anyway, I heard Polish minorities are not in the better situation in Ukraine, Belorus and Lithuania.

Miłego wieczoru!

Szakali 
Administrator

Posted: 2011-01-25, 22:20   

But Transylvania wasn't trully independent, right? I mean, I read this part had only some freedom but at last was controlled by Turks.

Everybody here agrees that tranion was a disaster. I think border from 1940 would be the most fair solution (ethnic cryterion).

gabi 

Posted: 2011-01-25, 22:31   

That's right. As far as I remember (I studied more than 10 years ago) Erdély depended on somehow the Turks. When we paid requested taxes they didn't disturb us.
But it happend every now and then that they attacked defensless villages etc.

gabi 

Posted: 2011-01-26, 18:29   

And you? Which part of Poland you liked the most when your country had been divided?

Maniek 
Administrator
My name is Maniek

Posted: 2011-01-26, 20:09   

It is very difficult, because this state was changed several times. Interesting was Duchy of Warsaw made by Napoleon, later Kingdom od Poland as an autonomous unit of Russia.
Many believe that the best was under Austrian rule, because they left us a great deal of freedom. They was also the least persecuted us.

Szakali 
Administrator

Posted: 2011-01-26, 20:43   

In Austria after 1867 we had a bit of autonomy. Although, the most developed was and still is Prussia/German side (Bydgoszcz - Bromberg) and I prefer this part, if I have to choose.

Maniek 
Administrator
My name is Maniek

Posted: 2011-01-26, 21:07   

In end of XIX century, ŁódĽ was very developed.

It is one of the few cities in the world which in a few decades has become a metropolis. In beginning of this century, ŁódĽ was little village :mrgreen:

gabi 

Posted: 2011-01-26, 21:31   

1867 is the year when Austrian-Hungarian Monarchy was born, an agreement had been concluded between the two countries. Lot of things changed after that.
If I have to choose I think I'd choose Erdély (despite I'm originated from other part of the country and proud of it and it is definitely not Budapest).

I know about the uprisings in 1830 and 1863. Both of them failed...

Reply to topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Add this topic to your bookmarks
Printable version

Jump to: