mlwp.jun.pl Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Previous topic «» Next topic
Gyenesdias near Balaton
KryskamacPL 
Polish

Posted: 2011-07-14, 03:10   Gyenesdias near Balaton  

Finally, my holiday I will spend in Hungary. I'm going with friends (13 or 14 people) to Gyenesdias (in Polish it sounds like spanish :P ) near Balaton. I need a little help from You. We're going for one week in the middle of august to holiday house.

I have a couple of questions specially to our friends from Magyaroszag:

1. Can I have a pepper gas to self deffence in Hungary?
2. Can You give me examples of prices: bread, wine, beer, vodka, cigaretts, meat, pepper etc.
3. How much could train from Budapest to Gyenesdias cost ?
4. Do You know this place, and do I have to know something to know about this area ?

I'm going by bus from Cracov ( it's cheap - something about 120 PLN in two ways ) to Budapest.

Po Polsku w skrócie - jadę na Węgry na wakację z 13-14 osobami. Jedziemy do wyżej wymienionej miejscowo¶ci i potrzebuję kilku informacji.

Czy mogę mieć do samoobrony gaz pieprzowy, ile kosztuj± podstawowe produkty spożywcze i alkohol i czy kto¶ wie co¶ o tym miejscu?

Znalazłem tanie poł±czenia z Krakowa ( 120 zł za osobę w obie strony) do Budapesztu, ale ciekawi mnie ile może kosztować przejazd z Budapesztu do tej miejscowo¶ci? :?:

REKLAMA 

Posted: 2011-07-14, 11:13   Re: Gyenesdias near Balaton  

Lanti 

Posted: 2011-07-14, 11:13   Re: Gyenesdias near Balaton  

KryskamacPL wrote:

1. Can I have a pepper gas to self deffence in Hungary?
2. Can You give me examples of prices: bread, wine, beer, vodka, cigaretts, meat, pepper etc.
3. How much could train from Budapest to Gyenesdias cost ?
4. Do You know this place, and do I have to know something to know about this area ?

1.) Off course. :)
2.) Price with taxes: Bread: 200-250Ft, Wine: I don't know. From 500Ft to 5000Ft :) ,
Beer: I very recommend this site: http://szegedikocsmak.blog.hu/
Here you can find the beer, wine, and other drink prices in Szeged. Keep in mind that the Balaton have much higher prices in summer than any other Hungarian place! :)
I don't smoke, but I think 1 cigarette box is around 500-700Ft.
3.) I recommend you this site: http://www.mav-start.hu/
This is a route planner + timetable + ticket buyer site for MÁV. Write for:
Honnan (From): Budapest
Hova (To): Gyenesdiás
Mikor (When): Change to the exact date
Kedvezmény (discount): Teljesárú menetdíj (full price ticket)

It's around 3600-3800Ft. Keep in mind that the Budapest-Keleti and Budapest-Déli are two different train station in Budapest! Find them on Google Maps.
4.) Once on his life every Hungarian was on the Balaton. Me too. :) I don't know nothing about Gyenesdiás, but the Balaton is nice place and the girls are beautiful. ;)

I hope I could help to you!

Lanti 

Posted: 2011-07-14, 11:17     

I saw there are 3 transfer on every train route. :( So, You have to get off the train every place and got on a new train, where (for example):

Budapest-Déli -> Kelenföld
Kelenföld -> Balatonszentgyörgy
Balatonszentgyörgy -> Keszthely
Keszthely -> Gyenesdiás

KryskamacPL 
Polish

Posted: 2011-07-14, 15:01     

Thank You Lanti. :dr2:

With trains it will be problem... But I think we'll solve it.

KryskamacPL 
Polish

Posted: 2011-07-15, 12:52     

Lanti (or somebody ;p ), I need Your help with transport from Budapest. I heard from my Polish friend, there's better way than train - bus. Bus which rides along Balaton - purpotedly it's cheap. I can't find it in polish or english, could You try in Hungarian? :-/

Lanti 

Posted: 2011-07-15, 16:51     

KryskamacPL wrote:
Lanti (or somebody ;p ), I need Your help with transport from Budapest. I heard from my Polish friend, there's better way than train - bus. Bus which rides along Balaton - purpotedly it's cheap. I can't find it in polish or english, could You try in Hungarian? :-/

http://www.menetrendek.hu...etrend/html.cgi

This is the ultimate bus route planning site in Hungary. This site is made by Volánbusz (Hungarian bus companies). Type the fields similar to this:
Honnan (From): Budapest
Hova (To): Gyenesdiás
Mikor (When): Select the exact date
Találatok rendezése (Sort by): Indulasi idő (Starting time)
Minimális várakozási idő (Minimal waiting time): Leave this on the default 10 minutes.

If a field have only ONE line, this means you don't have to take off the bus, find the another bus on the station and get on the new bus.

I think bus is better than train, becouse there are some routes directly to Gyenesdiás. :)

"Naponta" means "Every day"
"Hetek utolsó munkanapján" -> Only on the last working days on the week (Friday) :D
"Munkanapokon" -> Only on working days
"munkaszüneti nap kivételével naponta" -> Every day without holidays (for example: weekends and national holidays)
"szabadnapok és a hetek első munkanapját megelőző napok kivételével naponta" -> Every day, EXCEPT weekends, national holidays and before the first working days of the weeks (mostly Sunday). :D
"szabadnap kivételével naponta" -> Every day except days without work.

"induló megállóhely" -> Starting bus station
"érkező megállóhely" -> Arriving bus station
"indul" -> Start
"érkezik" -> Arrive
"összidő" -> Route time
"várakozás" -> Waiting time (when you have to get off the bus, and get on a new one).

If you click on the "Ok" button, you see how bus stop you have on your route, and when you have to get off the bus.

http://www.volan.hu/dijszab/jegyar.pdf
Here you can view the ticket prices (in kilometers). These are full price tickets. You need full price tickets, right?

In this PDF:
"Teljes árú menetdíj" -> Full Price Ticket
"Új ár" -> New price

If your route is 193km long, you have to pay 3360Ft. Totally similar for the train prices, becouse the government lobbying for the train with this method.

Ps.: Are there any bus and train route planner sites in Poland? It would be a big help to me, when I go to erasmus. ;)

Maniek 
Administrator
My name is Maniek

Posted: 2011-07-18, 18:54     

Quote:
Ps.: Are there any bus and train route planner sites in Poland? It would be a big help to me, when I go to erasmus.

Here too, I answer you, this may be useful to someone:

http://rozklad-pkp.pl/

http://www.e-podroznik.pl/

KryskamacPL 
Polish

Posted: 2011-07-20, 15:42     

Mariusz Jarz±bek wrote:
Quote:
Ps.: Are there any bus and train route planner sites in Poland? It would be a big help to me, when I go to erasmus.

Here too, I answer you, this may be useful to someone:

http://rozklad-pkp.pl/

http://www.e-podroznik.pl/

There's many sites about city communication too. It's very modern, shows arriving times, countdown to go, connections, and calculate all travel time.

Unfortunately, there many bus companies in Poland, and there's no site which shows all connections between cities and international.

Lanti, it was big work what You've done, thank You very much. :-)

Did You know, that tickets from Cracov to Budapest, and from Budapest to Cracov costs 130 PLN (in both directions). I say this is very good prize! This means that ticket from Cracov to Budapest costs 65 PLN - ticket from Warsaw to Cracov costs 54 ;p

Reply to topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Add this topic to your bookmarks
Printable version

Jump to:  
Quick Reply
Username: 

Expire Days